In general, the exhaust of diesel engine should be colorless or light gray. If the smoke color is not correct, the engine may have a problem. White smoke comes out during engine operation because there is water vapor or diesel vapor in the exhaust gas. In order to eliminate the fault in time, we can judge the location of generator fault by observing the smoke color of exhaust.
Without too many pollutants, the engine can prolong its service life by maintaining a good working condition. At the same time, when the gas turbine is fully burned, it saves fuel, improves economy and reduces air pollution.
The main factors affecting the generation of white smoke of diesel generator set are divided into the following points:
1. Poor atomization of fuel injection nozzle. Poor atomization leads to complete combustion of the diesel end, which is mixed with the high-temperature gas discharged from the normal working cylinder in the exhaust pipe, resulting in white smoke.
2. The engine temperature is too low. Part of the diesel oil turns into oil vapor after combustion and is discharged with the exhaust gas from the exhaust pipe, emitting white smoke.
3. Injection time is too late. Due to the late fuel injection time, the cylinder temperature has decreased during fuel injection, and some diesel fuel is burned into oil vapor and white smoke.
4. There is water in the oil supply system. There is water in the fuel oil or combustion chamber. The water is heated into steam by the heat released by combustion in the cylinder and discharged from the exhaust pipe to form white smoke.
5. Injection time is too late. Due to the late fuel injection time, the cylinder temperature has decreased during fuel injection, and some diesel fuel is burned into oil vapor and white smoke.
6. The cylinder pressure is too low. Part of the diesel oil is turned into oil vapor after combustion, so white smoke is emitted from the exhaust pipe.
SCR Exhaust Treatment selective catalytic reduction
DeNOx NOx reduction Generator SCR system
Denitrification Urea SCR Genset SCR system
DOC SCR catalyst Exhaust Aftertreatment Systems
DPF Generator NOx Generator emission control
POC Catalytic Converter Flue Gas Denitration
NOx Catalytic oxidation Marine Exhaust Treatment
Catalyst emission control Diesel particulate filter
CHP/ CCHP exhaust control Exhaust Gas purification
generator exhaust treament Boiler Exhaust Treatment
genset marine scr Furnace Exhaust Treatment
fluegas Emissions Solutions tailored emission control
CO (carbon monoxide) NOx SCR Ships Exhaust Treatment